Color Therapy Glasses include 9 colors: 7 Rainbow/Chakra colors plus 2 more theraputic colors
Color enters the eyes through the lens and is then sent to rod and cone receptors in the retina. The rods and cones send the color frequencies through the optic nerve to the brain and to the pineal glands. The pineal glands convert nervous system signals into endocrine signals. When they reach the pineal glands, colors have various effects on the body by affecting the way in which the pineal glands determine endocrine function. Thus the different wavelengths have different effects on physical and psychological functions. On a less scientific note, most people simply feel different when exposed to different colors as proven by John Ott over 40 years ago when he developed lighting systems for businesses and homes that delivered his full-spectrum light.
Wear a color that feels pleasing. After a few days this color may be balanced, then try a different color.
• See more clearly - Many people find that a certain color help them see one more row on the eye chart. Perhaps this is an outcome of visual relaxation?
• Ease eyestrain - Some people say using a color that feels pleasing at their computer helps them reduce eyestrain and stress.
• Change your mood - Wear whatever color feels good and notice your mood may be altered within minutes. Some people find different colors feel best at different times.
Delve into the chakra locations, related organs, and meanings of each color.
• RED: 1st chakra - Base of the spine Grounding and Survival Gonads, kidneys, spine, sense of smell. For loss of strength, female disorders.
• ORANGE: 2nd Chakra - Lower abdomen, genitals - Emotions, sexuality Urinary tract, circulation, reproduction. For mental debility, releasing unwanted habits.
• YELLOW: 3rd chakra - Solar plexus - Power, ego Stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas. For depression, desire, nerve builder.
• GREEN: 4th chakra - Heart - Love, sense of responsibility Heart, lungs, thymus. For over stimulation, exhaustion.
• BLUE: 5th chakra - Throat - Physical and spiritual communication Throat, ears, mouth, hands. For creative expression, clear communication.
• INDIGO: 6th chakra - Above center of brow, middle of forehead - Forgiveness, compassion, understanding Eye, pineal glands. For eye, ear and nasal problems, clear thinking.
• VIOLET: 7th chakra - Crown of the head - Connection with universal energies, transmission of ideas and information Pituitary gland. For relaxation, stress, spiritual growth.
• AQUA: For grief, love, communication.
• MAGENTA: For vitality and balance.
Note about Chakras: "Ayurvedic medicine describes the body as having seven main chakras, which are spiritual centers located along the spine that are associated with a color, function and organ or bodily system. According to this explanation, these colors can become imbalanced and result in physical diseases but these imbalances can be corrected through using the appropriate color as a treatment." From Wikipedia article on chromotherapy (color therapy)